Call 911 if you need to see or speak with an officer.
Non-Emergency Police Number:
The members of the Baldwin Borough Police Department are committed to the protection and service of the Borough of Baldwin. We are dedicated to the people, traditions, and diversity of the community, and we shall serve with understanding, respond with compassion and perform our duties with integrity and fidelity.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Borough of Baldwin Police Force is now accredited from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement (CALEA), an organization who strives to improve the delivery of public safety services. Click here to learn more about CALEA.
The Police Department will be hosting a team of assessors from CALEA in March 2024 for our reaccreditation. As part of that process, we are encouraging members of the community to use this link to access and submit comments, commendations, and other information regarding our department's quality of service, or any other information relevant to the accreditation process. The comments will be used by CALEA assessors as insight into our agency and used by the department's leadership team to make improvements in the service we provide. We thank you for taking a few minutes to offer a response: CALEA Accreditation Public Comment Portal
On August 16, 2016, the police were recognized by United States Attorney David Hickton for their hard work towards this accreditation, which he referred to as "the gold standard in policing." Click here to watch KDKA newscast that covered the recognition at the August council meeting.
- What number do I call to see or speak with an officer?
- How do I report a crime?
- How do I request a hearing or pay a traffic citation?
- How do I arrange for car seat installation?
- How do I obtain a copy of a report?
- Does the Police Department offer fingerprinting?
- How can I have my property returned?
- How do I apply for an Alarm Permit?
- How do I apply for a Block Permit?
- How do I apply for a Soliciting Permit?
- When can I park in a Cul-de-sac?