How do I apply for a Soliciting Permit?

Anyone wishing to solicit/peddle goods and/or services door to door in the Borough of Baldwin is required to obtain a solicitation permit. Along with the application, applicants are required to submit a recent criminal background check and provide a copy of a valid photo identification to the Police Department. The fee is $10/day/person. Upon Approval applicants are issued a solicitation photo identification card displaying their name, company name, and expiration date.

Residents who do not wish to have solicitors come to their door can have their address added to the "Do Not Solicit" list by calling 412-882-9600, ext 1714 and a door/window decal will be mailed to you. Residents are also encouraged to contact police (911) should anyone come to their door soliciting goods or services without a proper and valid Borough Solicitation Permit.

Soliciting Permit (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. What number do I call to see or speak with an officer?
2. How do I report a crime?
3. How do I request a hearing or pay a traffic citation?
4. How do I arrange for car seat installation?
5. How do I obtain a copy of a report?
6. Does the Police Department offer fingerprinting?
7. How can I have my property returned?
8. How do I apply for an Alarm Permit?
9. How do I apply for a Block Permit?
10. How do I apply for a Soliciting Permit?
11. When can I park in a Cul-de-sac?
12. How can I submit a Citizen Complaint or Police Misconduct form?
13. How can I get speed/STOP sign enforcement on my street?
14. Can I file a report over the telephone? 
15. Can anyone get a copy of my police report?
16. How do I report a junk vehicle?
17. How can I be placed on the "Do Not Solicit" list? 
18. What to do when stopped by the Police?